Golden Sea Bass Recipe
- 1 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 pounds sea bass fillets or halibut steaks
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes, dressing mix and pepper. In another bowl, beat the egg. Dip fillets into egg, then coat with potato flake mixture.
- 2. Place in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with paprika.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 180 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Golden Sea Bass
"Here I am, reviewing my own contest-winning recipe, but I want to provide a money-saving tip: you don't need to use sea bass or halibut in this dish. Any firm-fleshed white fish will do, as long as it's not a flat fillet. Norwegian cod loin is readily available where we live. It's the correct shape and the price is right. Just experiment with the cooking time a bit so that it doesn't overcook."
"Made this yesterday for my family. Everyone raved about it. Will certainly make it again."
"I used halibut, which I found to be very much like sea bass. I cooked my portion a little bit longer than 14 minutes, and had a beautiful dinner."
"Fantastic fish and fantastic recipe. Added bonus that it was easy to make with ingredients on hand. I was fortunate enough to find sea bass on manager's clearance at my local grocery store (6.99/lb vs. 19.99/lb), which made this affordable this time around."
"This recipe has become my families favorite Sea Bass recipe. We absolutely love it!!"
"We loved it however as someone else mentioned, this particular fish is expensive even on sale. I bought it at Whole Food Market and it cost me $50 for 2lbs. We will make again but not often because of the price of the fish, not because of the recipe."
"This was great. I purchased sea bass at the local grocery store because it was on sale. I have never cooked with sea bass before. My husband even like it!"
"This is fantastic and so easy to make"
"Loved this recipe. The sea bass was $33 for 1 1/2 lbs, so I won't be making this very often but it was great."
"So light and airy. Delicious. A new standard in my household."