- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg, water and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, orange peel, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the raisins (dough will be stiff). Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forGolden Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
"Not only did I love these cookies but everyone elce did to! The girls loved helping me make them also! I will never make another oatmeal raisin cookie. The golden raisins are a great change of pace also."
"This is the classic oatmeal cookie that I was looking for. Had to omit raisins, didn't have enough so I added pecans. This is a really good recipe. It's a keeper."
"I believe I'd prepared this recipe & the cookies turned out really well! Thank you for this recipe!"