Golden Raisin Buns
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups hot water, divided
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 to 5 teaspoons half-and-half cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, pour 1 cup of water over raisins; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain; set raisins aside. In a large saucepan, bring butter, sugar, salt and remaining water to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; beat by hand for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until mixture is well blended, about 3 minutes. Stir in the raisins. Drop by tablespoons 2-in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack.
- For icing, melt the butter in a small saucepan; stir in the cream. Remove from the heat; add sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Spread on buns while still warm. Serve warm if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 120 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 28, 2009
I've made this recipe over and over again. It comes together quickly and the end result is different and sooo tasty. You can't stop with just one! They look fancy and fussy, but are really pretty simple to do.