- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Sprinkle with sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add milk, brown sugar, pumpkin, butter, salt, spices and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a roll. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forGolden Pumpkin Rolls
"I made this awhile ago (around Thanksgiving of 08! But I forgot to come back an leave a review! I loved this recipe! I was able to divide the dough in half and make one into the rolls and the other I made into bread instead of rolls! It was so good! It has a nice hint of pumpkin in it which goes perfect with a Thanksgiving meal or with soup! You could also use the rolls for sandwiches which would be delicious! The baked rolls and bread freeze well too! I had one for dinner and then the other saved in the freezer to use another time! It was great! =:D Thank you for this great recipe!~Cakegirl20~"