Golden Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (12 ounces) Mountain Dew
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and soda; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 363 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Golden Pound Cake
"I meant to say I used just the oil called for in this recipe! It is exasperating to me that I make these typos! I prepared this recipe again 6/21/14, using a Pillsbury strawberry cake mix WITH pudding, so I omitted the pudding mix! I used 1-1/2 cups of Sunkist strawberry soda and I cut the lemon extract down to 1 Tbsp. I had another Pillsbury Funfetti Spring cake Mix, with pudding in it & I used the balance of my strawberry soda & added JUST enough lemonade to make 1-1/2 cups + the 1 Tbsp. lemon extract, oil & eggs called for in this recipe! I think that this substitution of flavored sodas to match the cake mix is a wonderful idea! Thank you, Vicki Boyd for sharing this about the substitution of the orange soda with the orange cake mix! Please note that my strawberry cake came out well, but the Funfetti cake shrunk! I'll be on the alert to just use regular cake mix or the basic Pillsbury cake mix with pudding instead of the Funfetti! I'm learning that sometimes a recipe can fail & it's a matter of discerning the type of cake mix to be used! delowenstein"
"I tried this recipe for the first time tonight! I used a package of lemon instantpudding in this cake and I also added 2 Tbsp. lemon extract and instead of Mountain Dew soda, I used 7-up! I had enough 7-Up for another cake, so I useda Super Moist Butter cake recipe, but I used jus the oil as called for & I put a twist on the cake by using 1 Tbsp. lemon extractand 1 Tbsp. rum extract! This recipe really sounded delicious and I was eager to putmy new Recipes Across America to use!Thank you, Vicki Boyd, for this recipe!DELowenstein"
"Simply perfect! easy AND delicious!"
"This recipe is a keeper for me. My family and especially the kids loved it. It is moist and flavorful and yummy!"