A sauce made with acorn squash gives a golden look to this moist juicy pork roast that Holly Ottum sent from her Racine, Wisconsin home.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium acorn squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Rub seasoning over roast. In a 6-qt. pressure cooker, brown roast in oil on all sides over medium-high heat; remove roast from the pressure cooker; drain. Add the remaining ingredients to the pressure cooker. Return roast to pressure cooker.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 27 minutes (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Remove from the heat; allow pressure to drop on its own. Remove roast to a serving platter. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Whisk cooked vegetable mixture until smooth. Serve with roast. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Golden Pork Loin in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p60