This hearty pork-and-noodle mainstay has plenty of family-pleasing flavor. Just serve a simple vegetable side dish to round out the meal.—Nicole Werner, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain; set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, green pepper and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the soup, milk, cream cheese, pimientos, marjoram, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Drain noodles; stir into skillet. Add pork; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Golden Pork 'n' Noodles in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p28
Reviews forGolden Pork 'n' Noodles
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review