Golden Pineapple Salsa
“This delicious salsa is an excellent accompaniment to fish or chicken.” It also adds lively flavor to pork. Sweet pineapple and refreshing mint make an irresistible combination. Brynne Garman - Federal Way, Washington
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, onion, green pepper, lime juice and garlic. Stir in the mint, salt, cumin and cayenne. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with your favorite pork, fish or poultry.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 20 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Pineapple Salsa in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.