My mother made these delicious pancakes way back in the Depression years. She beat the batter by hand, but I use my blender. It does a great job in breaking down the cottage cheese for a smooth batter. -Ann Thomas, Telford, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 14 pancakes
- 6 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a blender, combine all ingredients. Cover and process for 1 minute. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 286 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 263mg cholesterol, 382mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Golden Pancakes in Reminisce January/February 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.