Golden Oldie Veggies
This delicious medley of root vegetables gets its pizzazz from rosemary and olive oil. Baked for only 20 minutes, these veggies are simple to prepare and have just the right amount of pep.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 5 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and cubed
- 12 brussels sprouts, halved
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-35 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 180 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as "Medley of Love" Vegetables in Taste of Home February/March 2006