This delicious medley of root vegetables gets its pizzazz from rosemary and olive oil. Baked for only 20 minutes, these veggies are simple to prepare and have just the right amount of pep.
Recommended: Top 10 Classic American Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 5 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and cubed
- 12 brussels sprouts, halved
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-35 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Golden Oldie Veggies in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p21