Golden Oatmeal Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (10 slices)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon quick-cooking oats, divided
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup of oats, whole what flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine the applesauce, egg and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins and pecans.
- Pour into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining oats. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 188 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jan 13, 2013
Good bread that is healthy. Texture is dense and firm, great spread with some butter. Going to make another loaf now- I like having healthy snacks on hand.
Jun 5, 2012
I haven't made this yet but it sounds delish! I'm wondering if I could make these like cupcakes?? Anyone know how they would come out?
Aug 4, 2011
This bread is yummy, even without the raisins and peacans. It is also easy , love it!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.