My husband and his brother are partners in a dairy farm, so I use lots of dairy products in cooking. The comforting creamy potatoes complement many main dishes.
Recommended: 25 New Ways to Make Mashed Potatoes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender; drain well. In a mixing bowl, beat the potatoes and cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs, flour, parsley, chives, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 352° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with onions; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Golden Mashed Potato Bake in Country December/January 2005, p49