Golden Lemon Glazed Cheesecake
At our church, we give seven performances of a Living Christmas Tree every holiday season—then hold an open house after each one, I've served this lemony cheesecake at those gatherings for years, and it's always gotten raves.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small lemon, thinly slice, divided
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed until combined. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla just until blended. Pour into the crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Set aside 1 lemon slice; coarsely chop the remaining lemon slices. In small saucepan, combine the chopped lemon and 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Drain and discard liquid.
- In another saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch; stir in the remaining water until smooth. Add lemon juice and lemon pulp. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate until cooled, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the lemon glaze over the cheesecake; garnish with reserved lemon slice. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 316 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.