Golden Lemon Cake Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup warm tap water
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- TANGY CITRUS GLAZE:
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. For cake, combine all ingredients in large bowl. Beat at low speed until moistened, then at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into greased and floured 12-cup tube pan. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then remove cake and place on wire rack.
- 2. For glaze, combine ingredients in saucepan; bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes. Place platter under wire rack. Using toothpick, poke holes in top of cake; pour glaze over top and sides. Allow cake to cool completely before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 484 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Golden Lemon Cake
"Made this for a get together supper with our next door neighbors Sat nite, WOW, this is sooooo good. This is a keeper for sure, and its extra good if you love anything LEMON,YUM YUM,"
"I made this for a church's ladies night out. I used lemon flavored olive oil for the vegetable oil. I got rave reviews and the recipe was requested numerous times."
"My family loved this cake. Since I love lemon, I thought it was yummy.Robin"
"It's scrumptious and tastes way better then any store bought lemon cakes. I'm not sure how many holes a normal person pokes into the cake, but I went a little crazy and did the outsides too. After glazing it, I took the remaining glaze that fell onto the platter and glazed it a second time. It turned out super moist."
"I have made a similar cake like this . I use a lemon cake mix bake according to directions, while just out of oven I poke holes with backof wooden spoon then pour cooked lemon pudding into them and over the cake. I refrigerate the cake. While it is cooking mix up another lemon pudding mix, cool thenfold it into cool whip topping andspread over entire cake, simply YUMMY"
"I have made this cake for over 45 years, only I use yelow cake mix or a Lemon cake mix. My glaze is 1/2 cup RealLemon jc. and 2 cups powered sugar & poured over hot cake that I've poked holes in with meat fork.I do mine in a 9x13 pan at 350 for 40 min. Serve cold with Cool Whip topping.Sandi from MN."