Golden Lemon Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup warm tap water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- TANGY CITRUS GLAZE:
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- For cake, combine all ingredients in large bowl. Beat at low speed until moistened, then at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into greased and floured 12-cup tube pan. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then remove cake and place on wire rack.
- For glaze, combine ingredients in saucepan; bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes. Place platter under wire rack. Using toothpick, poke holes in top of cake; pour glaze over top and sides. Allow cake to cool completely before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 484 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 20, 2017
Made this for a get together supper with our next door neighbors Sat nite, WOW, this is sooooo good. This is a keeper for sure, and its extra good if you love anything LEMON,YUM YUM,
Oct 3, 2013
I made this for a church's ladies night out. I used lemon flavored olive oil for the vegetable oil. I got rave reviews and the recipe was requested numerous times.
Nov 2, 2012
My family loved this cake. Since I love lemon, I thought it was yummy.Robin
Jul 13, 2012
It's scrumptious and tastes way better then any store bought lemon cakes. I'm not sure how many holes a normal person pokes into the cake, but I went a little crazy and did the outsides too. After glazing it, I took the remaining glaze that fell onto the platter and glazed it a second time. It turned out super moist.
Apr 29, 2012
Jun 18, 2009
Jun 18, 2009
I have made a similar cake like this . I use a lemon cake mix bake according to directions, while just out of oven I poke holes with backof wooden spoon then pour cooked lemon pudding into them and over the cake. I refrigerate the cake. While it is cooking mix up another lemon pudding mix, cool thenfold it into cool whip topping andspread over entire cake, simply YUMMY
Jul 21, 2008
I have made this cake for over 45 years, only I use yelow cake mix or a Lemon cake mix. My glaze is 1/2 cup RealLemon jc. and 2 cups powered sugar & poured over hot cake that I've poked holes in with meat fork.I do mine in a 9x13 pan at 350 for 40 min. Serve cold with Cool Whip topping.Sandi from MN.