- 1 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg white
- Additional honey, optional
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed.)
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 24 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place 12 balls each in two greased 8-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- For glaze, combine sugar, butter, honey and egg whites; drizzle over dough. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with additional honey if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forGolden Honey Pan Rolls
"I love bread recipes for which I can use my bread machine to save on time. This one is now a family favorite! The rolls are very light & flavorful, even without the glaze! I try to cut down on sweetners, so when another reviewer said these are equally delicious without the glaze, I decided to try them. Our family of four had them gone by the end of the next day! Thanks for sharing the recipe!"
"These are very good and are relatively simple to make. They are great to make for a company dinner - so good! They are quite tasty too even without the glaze (though the glaze is yummy)!"
"Fixed these for company and none left."
"Me and my parents really love these rolls! Even my dad and he hates everything new. We made them as stated the first time, but the glaze mostly just burned a little, which I hate. It didn't seem to add any flavor. The next time we decided to leave off the glaze and instead of separating the eggs we used two, and a little more honey in the dough. I drizzle honey over them when they come out of the oven and they are perfect just like that."
"So good! Made this recipe without a bread machine. Simply mixed the ingredients as directed and kneaded for about 7-8 minutes. Let the dough rise for 1 hour then followed the recipe instructions to shape rolls, let rise again and bake. Wonderful texture and just a hint of sweetness from the glaze. Will definitely make again."
"My rolls did not rise at all going right by the recipe. I cooked them anyway and all the glaze came down and burned in the pan. What did I do wrong?"
"Absolutely perfect recipe. The rolls came out soft and spongy, almost like cake."
"Would like directions for doing this without a bread machine!"
"My son said they tasted almost like honey buns. He loved them and so did everyone else."
"Simply delicious, and I love good recipes like this that I can make in my bread machine. A keeper, one I'll use a lot."