Golden Harvest Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteAs a substitute for self-rising flour, place 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 176 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 1, 2012
My family really enjoyed these cookies. I was truly amazed about how moist they are and delicious. Must have been the cheese!
Oct 1, 2012
My family really enjoyed these cookies. I was truly amazed about how moist they are and delicious. Must have been the cheese! :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.