- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forGolden Harvest Cookies
"My family really enjoyed these cookies. I was truly amazed about how moist they are and delicious. Must have been the cheese!"
"My family really enjoyed these cookies. I was truly amazed about how moist they are and delicious. Must have been the cheese! :)"