Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or chopped dried apricots
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a saucepan, cook and stir the oil, brown sugar, honey, water and vanilla until sugar is dissolved. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 275° for 1 hour or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Stir in raisins or apricots.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 258 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 2, 2011
One of my absolute favorite granola recipes! Also great without raisins or with regular dark raisins. I use mine with yogurt and fresh fruit for a parfait as a snack or for breakfast.
Jan 2, 2010
This is absolutely delicious and a firm family favourite. It's one we'll be making many more times, as we love the taste of it. It's a keeper, for sure.
Mar 23, 2009
This had way too much salt in it...I would recommend 1/2 tsp. I would give it a 3 star