Golden Glow Gelatin Mold
I make this Jello mold recipe for many a party and not one bite is ever left. – Aline Savoie, Edmonton, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- Leaf lettuce and lemon slices, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a large saucepan, combine pineapple juice and marshmallows; cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cream cheese; stir until mixture is thoroughly blended. Stir in cold water and marshmallow mixture. Chill until partially set. Fold in carrots and pineapple.
- Pour into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined serving plate if desired. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 113 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 2, 2011
This is good as is, but I've also made it substituting strained Greek yogurt for the cream cheese and sugar free jello for the regular. I think it would probably be better with one orange and one lemon jello.