- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- In a bowl, combine the butter, Parmesan cheese, garlic and basil; mix well. Spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Cut into 3-in. pieces. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forGolden Garlic Bread
"Great side to pasta, love the parmesan in the topping."
"This was tasty and easy to make. For personal preference, I will probably use Italian seasoning instead of basil in the future."
"We generally have some kind of garlic bread a couple of times a week. We will definitely be incorporating this in our repertoire. LOVED IT!!! easy and DELICIOUS! We did use the same trick we use whenever we put the bread under broil; we wrap the edges with tin foil since they tend to burn before the rest of it is cooked. Works like a charm every time."
"easy and "yummy""