Golden Fruit Cocktail
My family and friends love the combination of the many fruits and fruit juices in this sweet hot fruit cocktail. It especially warms you up on cold winter mornings.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 cup sliced peaches
- 1 cup sliced pears
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup mandarin orange segments
- 12 maraschino cherries
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, orange juice, butter, lemon juice, cornstarch and orange zest. Cook and stir until mixture boils; cook 2 more minutes. Add remaining ingredients; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 220 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Golden Fruit Cocktail in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.