Golden French Toast
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 12 slices day-old French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- Maple syrup
- In a bowl, combine orange juice, zest, eggs and cardamom; beat well. Melt the butter in a 13x9-in. pan in the oven. Remove pan from oven. Dip the bread on both sides in the egg mixture; place in a single layer in pan. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes, turning once. Serve with syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 219 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 162mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 28, 2018
Delicious and a great way to have French toast ready for everyone to eat at the same time while it's still fresh and warm. Really great recipe! My new go-to!
Nov 19, 2014
Oct 10, 2014
Although I cooked these on the griddle instead of baking in the oven, they were were so good! (I left out the butter and sprayed the griddle with nonstick spray.)
Feb 26, 2012
YUM! Makes an easy yet delicious special breakfast. We used wheat French bread and bottled orange juice.~ Theresa
Feb 12, 2010
This was easy & delicious. My family loved it! I didn't have fresh oj, so I used Tropicana. I worked out fine. I also substituted cinnamon for the cardmom, because I didn't have it on hand.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.