Golden Egg Bake
As a camp cook, I make breakfast for groups ranging in size from 25 to 350. This egg bake is a must for Sunday brunch because everybody loves it.—Judy Martin, Onamia, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2-3/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- 1-1/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place the ham, cheese and onion in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over ham mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 237 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 148mg cholesterol, 784mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
Feb 24, 2013
I replaced the ham with sautéed onions and asparagus because I didn't have any ham. It was delicious. I would definitely make this recipe again. And I loved how easy it was.