Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 10 min.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter plus additional as needed, divided
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, eggs, softened butter, shortening, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Brush each with 1 tablespoon melted butter, and cut into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place point side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° until golden, 8-10 minutes. Brush with additional melted butter if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 roll (calculated without butter for brushing): 133 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 14, 2018
These rolls are on every Holiday table at our house. I put the ingredients into my bread machine to begin the mixing
Nov 22, 2013
I first saw this recipe in the 1999 Taste of Home Annual Recipes book and have been making them every year for Thanksgiving since. They are the best and when we go out to relatives' for dinner, they request that I bring the Crescent rolls. Thank you!
Mar 11, 2009
This recipe is absolutely amazing! The only thing i did different is i cut hot dog's in half and rolled a half in each crossant when it was time to roll them. My family loves them! thanks for the recipe!