VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 6 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside. Stir pineapple and raisins into rice.
- Just before baking, loosely stuff each hen with 3/4 cup rice mixture; tie legs together with kitchen string. Place hens, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush with butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 180° for hens and 165° for stuffing.
- In a small saucepan, bring honey and reserved pineapple juice to a boil. Remove from the heat. Baste over hens. Bake 15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Golden Cornish Hens in Reminisce December/January 2007, p48
Reviews forGolden Cornish Hens
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2011
"VERY TASTEFUL RECIPE"