Golden Corn Muffins Recipe
When I was little, my grandmother made corn bread in a cast-iron skillet in a wood-burning oven. This recipe is the closest I've come to being as good as hers.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup cubed butternut squash, cooked and mashed
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Combine the egg, squash, buttermilk and oil; stir into the dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in corn. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 142 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Golden Corn Muffins
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC