Golden Coconut Peach Pie
This peaches-and-cream pie once captured the blue ribbon at the Iowa State Fair. It always disappears fast!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, sugar, flour, nutmeg, salt and juice. Pour into pie shell; dot with butter. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over hot filling. Reduce heat to 350° and bake until coconut is toasted, about 40 minutes. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 418 calories, 20g fat (13g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Golden Coconut Peach Pie in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.