- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup raisins
- In a bowl, stir the butter, honey, cinnamon and salt until well blended. Combine the oats, coconut and walnuts in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter mixture; stir to coat evenly.
- Bake at 275° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Add raisins. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 7 cups.
Reviews forGolden Cinnamon Granola
"Turned out perfect! Great flavor - not too sweet, just salty enough, too. My son is allergic to nuts and soy, so being able to make a cereal without these ingredients is wonderful! I added 3/4 tsp. of vanilla and substituted chopped dates for the raisins. Yum!"
"Just a few ingredients but so good. I love the simplicity of this recipe. I have made this several times now. I sometimes change the dried fruit or nuts."