Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
Makes4 servings (4-1/2 cups coating)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups crushed stone-ground wheat crackers (about 50 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 cup club soda or milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place 1-1/2 cups in a resealable plastic bag. Store remaining coating in a covered container in the refrigerator for future use.
- Dip chicken in soda or milk, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat. Place chicken in a single layer in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts14 ounce-weight: 579 calories, 29g fat (7g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 1369mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 52g protein.
Jul 25, 2015
It was delicious.
Jan 2, 2010
I thought this was pretty good. I only used 2 teaspoons of salt though because it seemed like 2 tablespoons was a lot. I like that theres enough for a second batch later on. I also didn't have stone-ground wheat crackers but had garlic crackers that I used. Overall, it was pretty good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.