- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Divide between two 9-in. deep-dish pie plates. Roll out pastry to fit the top of each pie. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top or make decorative cutouts in pastry.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pies up to 3 months. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 425°. Place pie on a baking sheet; cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° remove foil and bake 50-55 minutes longer or until golden brown, or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 2 potpies (6 servings each).
Reviews forGolden Chicken Potpie
"I made this recently for a friend and her family. She is enduring chemo treatments and I thought it would be helpful for them to have one for now and one for another day. Since both pies were a gift, I did not try them but my friends family loved it and her daughter asked for the recipe. No complaints. The one I baked smelled wonderful. Paired with a garden salad they said it was a great meal."
"This may use packaged ingredients, but it's still much better than any store bought potpie I've tried. I just used normal hash browns in one pie and no potatoes in the other because of a potato allergy."
"Not much flavor and stayed with the exact recipe."
"This was really good, but we could only eat 1/2. I put the other half of filling in the freezer for later, it wasn't near as good."
"Very good. I made it as is and it was great. I wouldn't change a thing!"
"made it just like it was but only made half of it, one pot pie. it was awesome. Great thick inside nice crispy outside."
"What are cubed hash brown potatoes? Are they like Tater Tots?"
"So tasty. Great comfort food. This has become a family favorite."