- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 slices deli ham (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top each with a slice of ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. In another bowl, whisk egg and milk. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl. Dip chicken in flour mixture, then egg mixture; roll in crumbs.
- In a small skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks; drizzle with butter. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forGolden Chicken Cordon Bleu
"Cooked this last night. It was easier to make than I thought, and DELICOUS. Will make this again, for sure!"
"delicious.....We feel like we are dining out in a highly rated restaurant...it is a real treat!!! We use deli ham the best quality, it taste just as great and it is easier to roll."
"This was really good - not hard to put together and very tasty."
"This is an easy recipe that is delicious. I did not have bread crumbs, so I crushed potato chips and coated the chicken before I fried. Also, instead of putting melted butter, I made a onion and chicken broth gravy to put over the crispy chicken. The chicken was very moist and tender, and the gravy gave it great flavor."
"I have made this recipe before and it is VERY good! I have also made it simpler, for me, by simply layering the flattened chicken breasts, the ham and I use shredded Mozzarella, then ham, then chicken again. Put toasted bread crumbs on bottom and on top, drizzle a bit of melted butter over the top crumbs and bake. I usually cover the meat for about half the time, uncovered the rest of the time to have crispy."
"I prepared as stated except used gluten free flour and gluten free seasoned bread crumbs. Also spread light layer of dijon mustard before adding ham and swiss. Increased baking time to 45 min due to not being able to pound chicken to 1/4". I also sprayed them with olive oil about 10 min before done because they weren't crisping up. Texture came out ok. chicken was tender and juicy. But the recipe turned out bland. SUPER bland. I was not impressed at all. Nothing like restaurant Cordon Bleu."
"Delicious and easy to make. Will definitely make again."
"It was good but lacked seasoning. It was also quite dry."
"This was very tasty and very simple to make.It may not be as good as what you get in a fancy restaurant but for the time and price I give it 4 stars. I used thin cut breast fillets so I didn't have to flatten the chicken used 2 slices ham and cheese for each fillet. I will definitely make these again"