Golden Chicken and Autumn Vegetables Recipe
This comforting combination from the Taste of Home Cooking School Recipe Collection is sure to warm you up on a chilly day. (See page 66 for details about the Cooking School.) Tender chicken breasts, sweet potatoes and green beans are cooked in a simple broth seasoned with rosemary, garlic and thyme.
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Add sweet potatoes and beans.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken and vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 160 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Golden Chicken and Autumn Vegetables
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC