Golden Cheese Yeast Bread Recipe
My husband, Mark, and I wanted a causal wedding and decided on a cold plate buffet supper. This fun cheesy bread baked by my mom was a special addition.
- 6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups warm milk (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, cheese, sugar, yeast and salt. Add milk and egg; beat on low speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Divide in half and shape into two loaves. Place in two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice: 127 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Golden Cheese Yeast Bread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC