Golden Carrot Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add the water, carrots, rice and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until carrots and rice are very tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Transfer to a blender or food processor; cover and process until pureed. Return to the saucepan; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/3 cups: 126 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Golden Carrot Soup
"Very good. I used vegetable boullion to make it vegetarian. I also used an immersion blender so that I did not have to dirty another container."
"This is so yummy! I'll be making this again and again. I've used rice and quinoa and it tastes great either way."
"I just made this for my husband and I. It was an easy recipe and I had all the ingredients on hand. He loved it so much he said "Double or triple the recipe next time. I could eat two or three bowls of this!!!.... I would like to have it for my lunches during the week too!""