Golden Carrot Fruitcake
Start a new holiday tradition with this flavorful golden fruitcake from Judy Junwirth of Athol, South Dakota.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 cup each raisins, chopped dates and mixed candied fruit
- In a bowl, combine oil and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to the egg mixture. Beat until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 282 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Carrot Fruitcake in Taste of Home October/November 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.