Golden Broccoli Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine potatoes with remaining cheese; mix well. Spread over the meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
For even quicker preparation, assemble Golden Broccoli Bake the night before; cover and chill. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
1 each: 391 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 861mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.