Golden Broccoli Bake
As a working mother, I don't have time to spend in the kitchen preparing recipes with lots of ingredients. That's why I depend on this simple dish so often. --Susan Leone, Stockholm, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes with remaining cheese; mix well. Spread over the meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
For even quicker preparation, assemble Golden Broccoli Bake the night before; cover and chill. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 391 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 861mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Golden Broccoli Bake in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book