Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 111 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 14, 2011
This is my stand-by breadmaker bread. It comes out great every time. Tonight I forgot to buy cottage cheese and I'm sweating it out b/c I have to use a different recipe for dinner. I use 2 egg whites instead of an egg, b/c my friend's daughter is allergic to the yolks. It still turns out wonderful and not a crumb left.
Dec 19, 2007
Why can't I find your Golden Lemon Breadrecipe on your WebSite?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.