Golden Apricot Pie
This pie is pretty as a picture and absolutely apricot in flavor. The fruit's golden-orange color beautifully shows through the lattice top.—Elegant Apricot Specialty Foods, Jo and Joe Martin, Patterson, California
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + cooling Bake: 50 min.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) dried apricots
- 2-3/4 cups water
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small saucepan, combine apricots and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-22 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Place bottom pastry in a 9-in. pie plate. Drain apricots, reserving 3/4 cup liquid. Arrange apricots in pie shell. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and reserved apricot liquid.
- Pour over apricots; dot with butter. Top with a lattice crust. Bake at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 414 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Golden Apricot Pie in Taste of Home February/March 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.