- 6 cups sliced peeled Golden Delicious apples
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons apple juice, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter or margarine
- 6 to 8 tablespoons ice water
- In a large saucepan, combine apples, 3/4 cup apple juice, sugar, cinnamon, apple pie spice and vanilla; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and remaining apple juice; add to saucepan. Return to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute more or until thickened. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut into the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle with water, 1 tablespoon at a time; stir with a fork until dough can be formed into a ball. Divided in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Place in plate and add filling. Roll remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling and seal edges; cut vents in the top. If desired, decorate top of pie with pastry scraps cut into small apple shapes. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and apples are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forGolden Apple Pie
"The filling was truly amazing! I can see why your family truly Loves your pies! . Thanks for sharing! A happy mom and Grand mom! Happy holidays to you and yours"
"This apple pie.has a wonderful taste. It's hreat with vanilla ice cream on top! Yum!"
"Excellent pie! I followed this exactly and it was a hit!"
"This crust recipe is very off. The fat in it should be about half that or less. I am experienced and fixed it some, but we had to way overwork the dough to fix it.the filling was fine."
"Very good pie. I was afraid it would be watery but came out perfect."
"Made this for the fourth time today. It was perfect! The only change I made was I sprinkled a cinnamon-sugar blend on top before baking. This is one of my "go to" recipes!"