Gold Rush Brownies
With six kids to keep an eye on, my mother relied on quick-and-easy recipes like this. Now my own family, who doesn't usually care for nuts, can't resist these chewy brownies.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine crumbs, chocolate chips and pecans. Stir in milk until blended (batter will be stiff). Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 267 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Gold Rush Brownies in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.