Goblin Bean Burritos
These burritos are packed with beans, peppers and rice, making them great tasting and good for you at the same time.—Judy Parker, Moore, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 8 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, peppers and jalapeno in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, beans, tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in 1/4 cup cilantro.
- Spoon 3/4 cupful filling off center on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Top with sour cream, tomatoes, green onions, cheese and remaining cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 383 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 610mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 9g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Super Easy Super Burritos in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.