Not only is this surprising salad a good way to use up that leftover turkey, it tastes great and it's good for you, too. Chock-full of nutritious ingredients, this salad from Marcy Kennedy of Wallaceburg, Ontario has a flavor for everyone.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, celery, red pepper, onions, raisins, peas, parsley and eggs. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 278 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 202mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Gobbler Salad in Light & Tasty December/January 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.