I watched a chef make crab cakes and decided to try it with turkey and stuffing. Now the kids request them year-round, so I buy cooked turkey. —Suzee Krebs, Brielle, New Jersey
Featured In: 45 New Ideas for Thanksgiving Leftovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups cooked stuffing
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Cranberry sauce and turkey gravy, optional
- In a large bowl, mix egg, stuffing, turkey, cranberries and mayonnaise. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties. Coat with crushed cornflakes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties in batches; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve warm, with cranberry sauce and gravy if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Gobbler Cakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p165