Goat Cheese-Pesto Crostini
Guests will think you fussed over these elegant appetizers—but the recipe conveniently calls for jarred pesto.—Cindie Haras, Boca Raton, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total TIme: 25 min.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 24 slices
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1 package (4 ounces) herbed goat cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, pesto and Parmesan cheese. Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with pesto mixture. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Combine goat cheese and arugula; spread over bread. Sprinkle with bacon and pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 137 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.