Goat Cheese ‘n’ Veggie Quesadillas
Total TimePrep: 55 min. Bake: 5 min.
Makes2 dozen appetizers
- 1 small eggplant, peeled, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- Place the first six ingredients in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Combine the oil, lemon juice, chili powder and cayenne; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Stir in cilantro.
- Spread 1 tablespoon goat cheese over one side of each tortilla. Place two tortillas, plain side down, on an ungreased baking sheet; spread each with 2/3 cup vegetable mixture. Top each with another tortilla. Repeat. Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces: 171 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 4, 2011
My family and I enjoyed this recipe very, very much! It was perfect for our vegetarian guests and the combination of the roasted veggies and the goat cheese makes it taste like eating gourmet food at home!