Goat Cheese Lettuce Cups
The slight, peppery bite of a radish goes surprisingly well with the crunch of a juicy apple. Bring the two together in a light, lemony dressing, and sprinkle with goat cheese. —Tom Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 large apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 package (4 ounces) herbed fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine radishes and apple. In another bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Add to radish mixture; toss to coat. Just before serving, place radish mixture in lettuce leaves; top with cheese.