Goat Cheese Lettuce Cups
The slight, peppery bite of a radish goes surprisingly well with the crunch of a juicy apple. Bring the two together in a light, lemony dressing, and sprinkle with goat cheese. —Tom Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 large apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 package (4 ounces) herbed fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine radishes and apple. In another bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Add to radish mixture; toss to coat. Just before serving, place radish mixture in lettuce leaves; top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 183 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as goat cheese lettuce cups in Taste of Home April/May 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.