Goat Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
I take stuffed mushrooms to new heights by using a flavorful filling of walnuts, spinach and goat cheese. They're not only tasty but pretty as well.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 24 medium fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/4 cups crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Remove stems from mushrooms; place mushroom caps in a large bowl. Add oil and toss to coat. Finely chop stems.
- In a large skillet, saute the chopped mushrooms, walnuts and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach, cheese, pepper and salt; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stuff into mushroom caps.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed mushroom: 59 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Originally published as Spinach, Walnut & Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.